Friday 24 February 2012

Day 45

"You're right, my apologies. I'm just unsettled by everything that's been going on." responded Kai.

Caleb sympathized, to say the least, and said, "Actually, I happened to have my money pouch in my pocket when we escaped. We probably should get a good night's rest and a solid meal; we never know when we'll have another opportunity."

The sun was almost completely gone by this point and the street lamps were being lit as they walked down the narrow path. Their steps echoed off the cobblestone floor in the almost empty street.

Kai could see a sign hanging off the side of a building at the end of the street. It was dark, but the streetlights allowed him to make out the name, "The Boar's Hoof". He smiled and thought about how in each world he'd visited, inns always had absurd names; it was comforting somehow.