Monday 20 February 2012

Day 41

Kai continued, "When my city's ambassadors left for our mission, we talked about not interfering in any of the worlds we might find ourselves in. We certainly did not want to be the cause of anything like the disastrous events destroying out world."

Caleb replied, almost to himself, "There are other worlds?" Then he continued, this time directed at his travel companion, "I suppose if there are two worlds, it makes sense there would be more."

Kai smiled, "Astute observation. You may be wondering if there are so many worlds, why we don't just pick one?"

Caleb felt slightly embarrassed, he hadn't really been thinking about anything like that at all; as usual, he was just trying to keep up. In an attempt to not seem like a total idiot, he just nodded.

Kai just moved on, "Well, that's where the differences between my world and yours come in. My world has some very special properties that very few, if any, of the other worlds I've visited have."