Sunday 19 February 2012

Day 40


"This isn't the first time I've found myself in your world." said Kai.

"You've been here before?" inquired Caleb.

"Well not here exactly, and certainly never this involved." Kai replied gesturing with his arms indicating the complex situation they found themselves in.

"So you know for a fact there are other portals? That why you're so eager to go following after a drunken bar rumor." accused Caleb.

"Well yes, I'll admit I've been through other portals; but like said, I was usually much more discreet and just popped out to look around. As such, I have no idea where any of them actually are here in your world." explained Kai.

"So mine is the first life you've ruined then?" asked Caleb sardonically.

Kai stopped walking, he didn't know what to say. He began to babble some apology, but Caleb interrupted him, "That's not fair, I'm sorry. You certainly didn't do any of this on purpose, and you've been nothing but polite, you don't deserve that."

Kai began walking again and said, staring at the ground, "None of this would have happened if it wasn't for me. None of it."