Tuesday 14 February 2012

Day 35

"Well, with the exception of yesterday, not much strange happens around here." said Caleb.

"If there is another portal to my world, then there would surely be stories of odd happenings in the area. Are you sure you can't think of anything?" asked Kai once more.

Caleb thought a moment then said, "I did hear about a man who complained some of his sheep would suddenly disappear in the night, as if kidnapped by spirits. Jolk down at the tavern told me about it a couple weeks ago. We just laughed it off as some crazy northerner."

"Hmm, that's thin at best, but it's the best we have. North then?" said Kai as he closed his berry stuffed satchel.

"It's just a drunken bar story, you sure you want to travel north through the mountains, on a rumor?" asked Caleb incredulously.

Steely resolve unwavering, Kai answered, "Like I said, it's all I have to go on, and I need to get back home. My people are depending on me."

"Alright..." whispered Caleb as he walked off into cold and narrow mountain pass.