Wednesday 8 February 2012

Day 29

Caleb could simply not process the information. He began to hyperventilate and stood up.

"Listen! I know it hurts." Kai screamed.  He then continued in a softer voice, "I can't imagine how you feel right now, but we have to keep moving. They will not give up, and I can't stress how important it is that we escape; that the artifact is not captured."

"What? How can you...How can I?" whispered Caleb.

Then Kai resorted to emotional manipulation which he wasn't comfortable with, but felt the situation warranted, "Please, we must go on. Do it for Nali, don't let her death be for nothing!"

It worked. A sudden steel came over Caleb. He wiped the tears from his face and turned towards the distant mountains. He turned to Kai and said two words before jogging away, "Follow me."