Wednesday 4 April 2012

Day 85

When neither Kai nor Caleb said anything, the man just nodded, turned, and said, "Follow me." and proceeded to walk back through the door he had just opened. They shared a look, shrugged their shoulders, and walked through.

Inside was yet another corridor, however, it was like stepping into a different world. Lined with plush carpeting and appointed with polished wooden furniture, it was in stark contrast to the spartan stone they'd just been walking on. As they walked the man spoke, "I am Lord Reginald Fyndolf, and I'd like to welcome you to my castle."

Kai and Caleb were both unaccustomed to dealing royalty and/or nobility and so they were unsure how to act, or even what was expected of them. As they fumbled for an adequate reaction to the man's introduction, he interrupted them, "Don't worry, we don't give too much importance to formalities around here. You can call me Reginald."