Friday 27 January 2012

Day 17

Nali closed the door behind her as she and Caleb made their way into the bedroom. As with the rest of their small home, the bedroom was neither large, nor luxurious, however it was cozy and they both felt safe and comfortable there.

Caleb felt it was clear that Kai would be the topic of discussion between husband and wife, however Nali surprised him by opening with unrelated news, "You know, I'm feeling a lot better today. I know we weren't saying it out loud, but I'm pretty sure neither of us thought I was gonna make it."

As he was saying, "Don't say that! I always knew everything would be fine." Caleb thought how he had indeed been worried that his wife wouldn't survive.

He continued, thrilled to be discussing this issue in such a lighthearted manner,  "You do look much better than you have in a while."