Friday 20 January 2012

Day 10


"Everything's fine dear! I just tripped on the rug! Clumsy me..." hollered Caleb as he gestured to the man on his floor to please keep quiet.

"Please, please everything's OK, I'm not gonna hurt you. You're safe." said Caleb, now whispering.

"Where am I? Who are you?" quietly replied Kai, somehow soothed by Caleb's words.

"My name is Caleb, this is my house. I found you in the jungle."

His immediate environment now assessed as nonthreatening, Kai's thoughts quickly turned to his burden.

"My satchel! I was carrying...Did you..."

"Don't worry, it's right here." said Caleb as he gestured to the small wooden table next to the couch.

As he scrambled to get up, and headed towards the small table, Kai said, "I am Ambassador Kai, and you, have no idea what you've done."