Tuesday 24 January 2012

Day 14


"Caleb, what's going on?"

Already lost for words before his wife walked into the room, there was no chance Caleb had anything to say at this point. All he could could was stare stupidly at his wife as she made her way towards where they were sitting in the living room.

Seeing Caleb's predicament, Kai decided to interject, "Your husband found me wounded in the jungle and was kind enough to bring me into your home. I am eternally grateful, and I beg that you forgive him for being untruthful earlier, I'm sure he only meant to not worry you."

"Well, Ambassador Kai, I am used to my husband bringing hurt animals home, so I wouldn't expect him to do anything different with an injured person." replied Caleb's wife.

Kai smiled and turned to Caleb, "You truly are as pure of heart as you seem, I am glad." Then with a sly smile he said, "So, are you going to introduce me to your lovely wife, or do I have to introduce myself?"