Thursday 26 January 2012

Day 16


"You see, this proves that I have found a new homeland for my people, a place where we can start anew." continued Kai.

"What happened? I mean, why do you need a new homeland in the first place?" asked Caleb.

"Caleb, clearly the man is exhausted; look at him!" interrupted Nali.

Embarrassed, Caleb said, "Of course. I'm sorry. You should rest, you're injured and I haven't really given you a chance to recover yet."

"Thank you, I am indeed very tired. Now that I know I am safe here, I will gladly accept your hospitality." replied Kai as he carefully put the item back into his satchel.

Kai tucked the satchel between his arms and held it against his chest. He then lay back down on the couch; curling into the fetal position and almost instantly falling asleep.

"Poor man, he looks like he's been through so much, let's let him rest." Nali said to Caleb as she took the blanket she had wrapped over her shoulders and gently lay it on Kai.

Caleb and his wife walked quietly to their bedroom, careful not to wake disturb the ambassador sleeping on their couch.